This Week's Fed Events
This week's big event in Fed world is the FOMC's meeting and announcement, particularly with reference to their Fed Funds interest rate target decision. It was looking strongly like the Fed was going to raise rates, but recent data (including last week's poor employment numbers) may give an excuse for the Fed to capitulate a little bit on interest rates. All times Eastern.
Tuesday, June 13
- FOMC meeting begins
- New York Fed President William Dudley will be speaking on the "Impact of Regulation on a Bank's Internal Capital Allocation at the Prudential Bank Regulation Conference, in Washington D.C." 1:45pm
Wednesday, June 14
- Consumer Price Index numbers. 8:30am
- FOMC meeting announcement (and interest rate decision). 2:00pm
- Janet Yellen Press Conference. 2:30pm
Thursday, June 15
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey 8:30am
Friday, June 16
- Atlanta Fed Business Inflation Expectations 10:00am
- Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan speak at a moderated Q&A held by Park Cities Rotary Club in Dallas, with audience and media Q&A. 12:45pm.